AUCTIONEER, PERSONAL PROPERTY APPRAISER, REAL-ESTATE BROKER
Business Experience and Education:
- Thirty five years selling farm & ranch auctions
- Owner of Ophus Auction Service
- Completed the Track and Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics Course in Fort Knox, Kentucky
- 1982 Graduate of Western College of Auctioneering in Billings, Montana
- Completed the Graduate Personal Property Appraiser course 101 and 201 from the Auction Marketing Institute
- Nine years of experience selling farm and ranch equipment retail for farm machinery dealers.
- Licensed Real-estate salesperson since 2008
- Licensed Real-estate broker since 2017
- Has been conducting certified appraisals since 2001
Memberships and Awards:
- Member and Past President of the Montana Auctioneers Association
- Member of the National Auctioneers Association.
- 1997 placed second in the state of Montana Bid Calling Championship
- 2005 placed third in the state of Montana Bid Calling Championship.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors
- Member of the Montana Association of Realtors
Shane Ophus was raised on a family owned farm and ranch. He and his family live in Big Sandy, Montana.